Acadia University is one of Canada’s leading primarily undergraduate institutions. For over 175 years, Acadia has been providing students with a learning environment that ensures they have every opportunity to succeed in life. Our graduates emerge with the tools required to be global citizens and community leaders. Acadia’s faculty and staff are key to our institutional success and share a commitment to provide our students with a high quality post-secondary education. Located only one hour from Halifax in Nova Scotia's beautiful Annapolis Valley, Wolfville offers residents an affordable lifestyle, outstanding recreational opportunities, internationally acclaimed restaurants, a healthy economy, and the best weather in the Atlantic Provinces.
School of Music
Acadia School of Music seeks a Staff Accompanist. The position duties, assigned by the Director, include:
- collaborate with School of Music students
- accompany class-time activities and rehearsals during the day
- accompany concerts, rehearsals, and performances during the evening
- accompany ensembles and course work (as needed)
- work collaboratively with all studio teachers and professors to support students’ growth
This is an 8-month sessional position which runs from September to April each academic year.