We now have an account look-up available. Login to this site, and click on the green button "View your account". If your record has not been matched up to your login, proceed here without your membership number. If you experience any problems, please give us a call at 416 538-1650.
Benefits of membership in the Canadian University Music Society (MusCan), include:
- Access to the latest research by Canadian academics and on Canadian topics, by way of:
- Intersections, a bilingual journal with emphasis on Canadian scholars and content, and containing refereed articles on a range of musical topics as well as reviews of current books and recordings;
- An annual conference, often held in association with the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences Federation of Canada;
- A biannual newsletter reporting on the activities of MusCan and its members;
- Access to the website (muscan.org) where you can:
- Use your member login to access the online edition of Intersections;
- View the latest news and professional information, including conference announcements, calls for papers, job postings, and recent publications;
- Submit news from your field of study, or from your school, department or faculty, for publication on the website.
- Participation in and support from a large, growing, and vibrant network of scholars stretching across Canada and working in a variety of scholarly areas.
Other benefits of membership:
- We represent diverse methodological and ideological research
- We represent communities of interest within communities of scholars
- We are a voice of advocacy for issues of interest to members
- We provide guidance on curriculum and health and safety issues in post-secondary institutions
- We offer opportunities for mentorship for student members
- We provide links beyond our Society through joint memberships and cross-society conferences
|Full-Time Faculty Membership||$85|
|Part-Time Faculty/Chargé(e) de cour||$45|
|Indep Scholar/Chercheur(e) autonome||$45|
|Individual Member/Membre individuel||$85|
The Canadian University Music Society is a non-profit organization, and a Registered Canadian Charity, run by a board of hard-working volunteers. Membership fees and conference registrations are an important source of revenue, but are rarely enough on their own to cover all aspects of administration, to maintain our support for students and scholars of music through awards and mentorship, to put on our annual conference, and to publish the journal. Members who are willing and able may wish to support MusCan’s mission by the addition of a tax-deductible donation in one of three areas:
Donations to this fund will augment membership fees and conference registration fees in supporting the regular activities of the organization, including management, the conference and some of the costs of publication for Intersections (under normal circumstances, see below). The importance of the conference, particularly in the early careers of Canadian scholars in all musical fields and in the furtherance of scholarship on Canadian music, cannot be overestimated, and general funds can be used to reduce the financial burden of the conference on host institutions. Increased revenues will allow the society to respond to new opportunities and to grow.
During 2009, the Board of Directors of the Society created a research prize fund bearing the name of Mr. John Beckwith, a Canadian composer, writer, pianist, teacher, administrator, and member of the Order of Canada. A major goal of the John Beckwith Research Fund is to grow in size until the annual interest accrued can be used as an annual prize bearing the John Beckwith name. The Society will determine the prize amount, name, participant criteria, and other details once the fund has increased to a suitable size for annual distribution.
10 Morrow Avenue, Suite 202
Toronto, Ontario M6R 2J1
Tél.: 416 538-1650
Fax.: 416 489-1713