The Canadian University Music Society (MusCan) is a bilingual and scholarly society dedicated to stimulating musical research, performance, composition and pedagogy in Canadian post-secondary institutions. To this end, we support the following activities:
- sponsorship of an annual conference of music scholars, composers and performers, usually held in conjunction with the Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences (FedCan);
- in collaboration with the SOCAN Foundation, sponsorship of awards for students and distinguished scholars of music in Canada, as well as for student presentations at the annual conference;
- sponsorship of cash prizes for students compositions;
- publication of a biannual peer-reviewed journal, Intersections: A Canadian Journal of Music, distributed in print and electronically;
- support for post-secondary music programs across the country through the Standing Committee of Institutional Members (SCIM) ;
- distribution of news of interest via this web site and a biannual electronic bulletin.