Memorial University’s School of Music invites applications for a two-year half-time regular term appointment in Guitar at the rank of Assistant Professor, starting September 1, 2023. Duties will include applied instruction in guitar at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Other teaching duties, in keeping with the expertise of the successful candidate, may be required.
Qualifications for the position include a doctorate in a relevant area (completed or ABD) or its equivalent in professional experience at national or international levels, demonstrated excellence as a performer of classical guitar, and a record of successful teaching. Expertise in at least one musical style outside of the Western classical tradition is an asset. Salary for this position is dependent on qualifications and experience in accordance with the terms of the Collective Agreement.
To apply, candidates must digitally submit the following:
- Letter of application
- Full curriculum vitae
- Audio or video recordings (unedited videos of recent live performances preferred)
- Evidence of successful teaching (e.g., video, teaching evaluations, student testimonials)
- A statement describing commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, Indigenization, and anti-racism, including evidence of the integration of EDI-AR principles in teaching and research
- Names and contact information of three referees
- Academic transcript for the last degree earned
Additional materials and references may be requested by the search committee at a later date.
All application materials must be received by June 14, 2023. Applications should be sent to:
Dr. Karen Bulmer, Acting Dean
School of Music
Memorial University of Newfoundland
St. John’s, NL A1C5S7
For more information, please visit MUN School of Music – Two-Year Half-Time Regular Term Guitar