The Department of Music, School of the Arts, Media, Performance and Design, York University invites highly qualified applicants for a Sessional Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream position in Music Technology and Production. This is a Contractually Limited Appointment (CLA) to the teaching stream for a two-year term to commence July 1, 2024.
We seek an imaginative and innovative leader in pedagogy who will provide creative educational leadership to enhance and expand the existing music curriculum through the integration of technology, audio engineering and related areas of the music industry. The successful candidate will also demonstrate commitment to student success, the capacity to bring a theoretical and practical orientation to recording engineering, and model the creative use of audio/video technology in music production and performance. As a highly collaborative program, we are looking for a specialist who also possesses the ability to contribute to existing curricular areas of the program. Experience in the production of a variety of musical styles including those currently represented in the department as well as others emerging from contemporary global and Black musical expression is an asset.
- Degree: An MA/MFA with a record of professional experience in technology and music or equivalent creative or professional experience in relevant fields is preferred acknowledging various pathways for learning and professional development.
- A record or evident promise of excellence in teaching and dedication to students (e.g., the teaching statement; past or proposed pedagogical innovations, particularly in one or more highpriority areas such as experiential education, technology-enhanced learning and community engagement; teaching evaluations; and strong letters of reference).
- Experience with curriculum development and universal design approaches to teaching and assessment is highly desirable.
- Additional: The successful candidate is also expected to provide evidence of service contributions or potential to contribute to service in administrative and committee work.
View the full posting as a PDF
- Due date for completed applications: March 1, 2024
- Required materials: 1) a signed letter of application outlining professional experience, 2) an up‐todate curriculum vitae and 3) a teaching dossier that supports excellence and innovation in teaching. This may include items such as sample course outlines, statement of teaching philosophy, workshop and professional development programs attended or led, and conference papers and publications relating to pedagogy, or other relevant materials. Please also provide 4) the names of three references who can provide strong letters of reference that address your qualifications and experience in relation to the position. Letters of recommendation will be solicited at a later date in the process from short-listed candidates. These will be sent to Lora Zuech, Administrative Assistant of the Department of Music (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Provide required information regarding your Canadian work status and optional self-identification for Affirmative Action purposes as part of the online application.
- Direct questions about the position to Lora Zuech, Administrative Assistant of the Department of Music (email@example.com).
Submit materials: at AMPD_CLA_Music